I don’t know about you, but by the end of January or the beginning of February, I’m ready for a getaway. This has been a mild winter in the Finger Lakes, but after the flurry of the holidays, then the calm stillness of winter, it’s lovely to take a long weekend and do something relaxing and different. But if Florida and the Southwest are too far, or too expensive, or just unrealistic right now, consider a getaway to the Finger Lakes. In spite of winter, the region’s brimming with things to do and the price of lodging is very inviting right now. Here are eight getaway packages, chosen for diversity, that we’ve found across the region that will indulge your need for escape!
- Bed, Breakfast, Blues & Brews at Springdale Farm B&B - Your getaway package includes a two night stay at the charming Springdale Farm B&B in Victor, the “Brew Masters Tour”‘ explaining the craft and science of brewing at Custom BrewCrafters, a tasting goblet, and delicious handcrafted beer tastings. You’ll receive a $50 gift card to use at Dinosaur Bar B Que in nearby Rochester, NY. (free pre-programmed GPS available) for some of the best barbeque and blues music around. Two night packages start $345.00 for the Homestead Room, or $420 for the Black & Tan Suite. Located at 242 County Road 9 (also listed as 242 Victor Egypt Rd.) in Victor. (Photo courtesy of Springdale Farms B&B)
- Finger Lakes Wine Tour Package at Mirbeau Inn and Spa – Luxurious overnight accommodations for two nights at Mirbeau Inn & Spa (voted best for romance by Spa Finders Magazine), a six hour wine tour through the Finger Lakes on the day of choice, picnic lunch to take on wine tour, one 50 minute spa treatment per person on the day of choice, three-course dinner in Mirbeau’s award winning restaurant on the evening of choice, full breakfast each morning. Midweek Rates starting at $705* per night, Weekend Rates Starting at $805* per night. Includes tax & gratuities. *Additional $12/night resort fee is not included. Located at 851 West Genesee Street, Skaneateles. (Photo courtesy of Mirbeau Inn and Spa).
- Moosewood Package at the Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca - The lovely Hilton Garden Inn of Ithaca and the famous Moosewood Restaurant (named one of the 13 most influential restaurants of the 20th Century by Bon Appetit Magazine) have partnered to present a package that combines deluxe accommodations with healthful and delicious natural foods cuisine that will appeal to vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike. Package includes a $50 certificate to Moosewood Restaurant per reserved overnight stay. Rates start at $199 per night. Located at 130 East Seneca St., Ithaca. (Photo courtesy of Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca).
- Royal Treatment at Elmira’s Painted Lady B&B- Select a two night Finger Lakes Getaway at Elmira’s Beautiful Painted Lady B&B and receive “ The Royal Treatment”! Perfect for a romantic honeymoon or anniversary or just to show someone special how much you care. Package includes a basket of fresh fruit, a box of assorted gourmet Truffles,one dozen long-stemmed roses, one pair of our signature wine goblets to take home,Intimate full-course dinner for two both evenings at Charlie’s Café and Hilltop Inn, one hour massage for two at Healing Touch Massage Therapy, breakfast by candlelight each morning, a souvenir framed photo as a memento of your stay. Package is $349 plus room rate from $130 – $175 per night, valid through April 30. Located at 520 West Water Street, Elmira. (Photo courtesy of Elmira’s Painted Lady B&B)
Shop and Stay Getaway at Ramada Geneva Lakefront -The perfect Finger Lakes winter getaway! Enjoy your accommodations at this AAA 3-diamond award winning hotel at the head of Seneca Lake. Package includes a one night stay in a Lakeview room, full breakfast in the Pier House Restaurant, VIP Coupon Book and two $25 VISA Shopping Cards to use at the Waterloo Premium Outlets. Package is $172 and is valid any day of the week, through April 30. Located at 41 Lakefront Drive, Geneva. Photo courtesy of Waterloo Premium Outlets.
- Ski, Stay & Dine Package at Bristol Harbour Resort - Enjoy a cozy overnight stay at the Inn at Bristol Harbour Resort, with heated bathroom floor, a view overlooking Canandaigua Lake, spacious bedrooms with either a king bed or 2 queen beds and balconies; fireplaces offered in all rooms. One night option includes $14 Breakfast and $55 Dinner Voucher for 2 plus 2 Lift Tickets for Bristol Mountain. Two Night option includes $14 Breakfast & $55 Dinner Voucher for 2 plus 4 Lift Tickets for Bristol Mountain. Rates for one night option start at $137.50 per person for weekdays and $158 per person for weekends, depending on dates. Rates for two night option start at $232.50 per person for weekdays and $267.50 per person for weekends, depending on dates. All options are based on double occupancy. Located at 5410 Seneca Point Rd., Canandaigua. (Photo courtesy Bristol Harbour Resort)
- Sweet Dreams Romance Package at Adams Basin Inn B&B -Your Finger Lakes getaway package includes a one night stay at the charmig original, yet comfortably updated, Inn along the Erie Canal towpath, flowers and chocolates in your room and a $50 dinner certificate to Grandpa Sams Italian Kitchen Restaurant or the Bad Apple Bistro. Be sure to look at the B&B’s tavern room with its original bar. Prices range from from $215 – $250 per night. Located at 425 Washington Street, Spencerport. (Photo Courtesy of Adams Basin Inn)
- Woodcliff Hotel & Spa Couples Package – Delight in your overnight accommodations at this award-winning elegant hotel & spa with its scenic vista. Package includes overnight accommodations in one of Woodcliff’s deluxe rooms, a bottle of sparkling wine, your choice of six chocolate covered strawberries or a fruit & cheese platter for two, two 50-minute spa treatments and a delectable breakfast. The hotel also has a series of beautiful and uniquely-appointed suites available. of $319 through April 30. Located at 199 Woodcliff Drive in Fairport. (Photo courtesy of Woodcliff Hotel & Spa).
If you’ve ever done a getaway at one of these hotels or B&Bs, please share your experience!
Note: All packages are based on availability and may be subject to additional tax, gratuity and/or venue fee. Please confirm this when making reservations.