The Finger Lakes sparkle year-round with Festivals and special events, especially from Spring through Fall. Check out the many things you can do here, and be sure to come back for updates. Also, if you know of a festival that should be listed here or on the upcoming Festival and Events listings from July through September, please contact us with the information!
Viva Italia on the Keuka Lake Wine Trail - Sat. March 31 – Sun. April 1- Savor the delights of Italian Cuisine paired with fine Finger Lakes Wines along the Keuka Lake Wine Trail. Weekend ticket $25, Weekend designated driver $20; Sunday only ticket $19, Sunday designated drivere $14. Along Keuka Lake Wine Trail. (Best for Adults)
- 35th Annual RIT Spring Juggle-in - Fri. Apr. 13 – Sun. Apr. 15 – Enjoy some of the best jugglers in the world at one of the longest-running juggling festivals ever! Free Big Open Show, Free Family Matinee, Public show to benefit Dystonia Medical Research Foundation:$12 in advance (Saturday in the gym), $15 at the door. $8 for RIT staff and students, and seniors.$6 for children 10 and under accompanied by an adult. Rochester. (Family-friendly)
- Titanic Festival 2012 – Sat. Apr. 14 – Sun. Apr. 15 – Commemorating the 100th Anniversary of the Titanic sinking, this event includes a memorial service, a Titanic Film Festival, Gala Dinner, meet & greet with descendants of passengers and Titanic Wine Collectors Series. Prices vary by event. Watkins Glen. (Better for Adults).
- 20th Annual Wine & Herb Festival on the Cayuga Lake Wine Trail- Fri. Apr. 27 – Sun. Apr. 29 – Savor herb-prepared cuisine and sip fine wines in your souvenir wine glass as you collect a potted herb plant from Dickman Farms at each winery, a plant carrier and recipe cards. Advance tickets (recommended) Couple $50, Single $35, Designated Driver Couple $45, Single $30; At the Door Couple $55, Single $40. Along Cayuga Lake Wine Trail. (Best for adults)
- Spring Wine & Cheese Weekend on the Seneca Lake Wine Trail - Fri. Apr. 27 – Sun. Apr. 29 – Pick up a gift item and recipe book at your starting point, then start winery hopping as you savor wine & cheese samplings. Advance sale $30, designated driver $20. Along Seneca Lake Wine Trail. (Best for Adults)
- 20th Annual Wine & Herb Festival on the Cayuga Lake Wine Trail- Fri. May 4 – Sun. May 6 – Savor herb-prepared cuisine and sip fine wines in your souvenir wine glass as you collect a potted herb plant from Dickman Farms at each winery, a plant carrier and recipe cards. Advance tickets (recommended) Couple $50, Single $35, Designated Driver Couple $45, Single $30; At the Door Couple $55, Single $40. Along Cayuga Lake Wine Trail. (Best for Adults)
- Imagine RIT: Innovation and Creativity Festival – Sat. Mar. 5 -Sun. Mar. 6 – One of the most unique festivals that focuses on art, innovation and creativity, all happening at RIT. Free. Rochester. (Family-friendly)
- Keuka in Bloom – Sat. May 5 & Sun. May 6 – Sample wonderful wines and enjoy herb-inspired foods. Each ticket holder receives one flower and one herb, in 4” pots and ready to plant. Couples ticket $50, Couples with designated driver $45; Single ticket $35, Single designated driver $30. Along Keuka Lake Wine Trail.
Rochester Lilac Festival – Fri. May 11 – Sun. May 20 – The scent of lilacs floats on the breeze of this long-held festival with musical performances each day, a parade with Lilac Queen on opening weekend, exhibitors giving demonstrations and selling lilacs, other plants, crafts, food and more. See schedule of events for more details. Free. Rochester.
- Glassfest at Corning Museum of Glass - Thurs. May 24 – Sun. May 27 – Celebrate the craft of glassmaking and the fire arts with exhibitions, demonstrations, displays, nightlife, music, an 8K run, food and more! FREE. Corning. (Family-friendly)
- Ithaca Fest - Thurs. May 31 – Sun. June 3 – A four day music and arts celebration, with over 1,000 local musicians, painters, dancers, clowns, community groups, and ensembles performing, plus a special kid’s activity area, a sustainability expo, a craft show, a parade, and delicious festival food. FREE. Ithaca. (Family-friendly)
- Sulphur Springs Festival – Fri. June 1 & Sat. June 2 – FREE community festival with parade, food, Victorian fashion show, music, entertainment and more. Clifton Springs. (Family-friendly).
- Taste of Syracuse – Fri. June 1 & Sat. June 2 – 38 Special headlines this extravaganza of entertainment, food, wine, family zone and vendors. Syracuse. (Family-friendly)
- Oz-Stravaganza- Fri. June 1 – Sat. June 3. FREE festival commemorating L. Frank Baum, author of the “Wonderful
Wizard of Oz” which was made into the 1939 MGM classic film the “Wizard of Oz” features musical performances, Munchkin Mile Fun Run, a costume contest, spaghetti dinner, author’s alley, Emerald City golf tournament and more. Chittenango. (Family-friendly). (Note: This festival is just beyond the Finger Lakes region in Madison County).
- Black Music Month Celebration – Sat. June 2 – Celebrate the heritage of black music including Jazz, R&B, Blues, Gospel and Hip Hop at this FREE community event; Food, bounce house, vendors, crafts for kids. Rochester. (Family-friendly)
- 23rd Annual Zoobilation at the Seneca Park Zoo - Sat. June 2 – This year, this special fundraising event heralds the arrival of the zoo’s newest residents, three African Lions, whose arrival will open the new exhibit, A Step into Africa.General tickets: $80 before May 25th; $90 after.Patron tickets: $145 before May 25th; $160 after. Rochester. (Better for adults)
- Keuka Lake Triathlon - Sun. June 3 – Keuka Lake’s famous Triathlon, duathlon and aquabike event. Pricing from $25 for children to $145 for adults to register, depending on event and registration date. Keuka Park. (Family-friendly)
- 35th Annual Fairport Canal Days – Sat.June 2 – Sun. June 3. Over 200 artisans, more than 40 food and drink vendors, and featuring outstanding performances by local and regional High School Jazz Ensambles. Free. Fairport. (Family-friendly)
- Smokin’ Summer Kick-off on the Seneca Lake Wine Trail - Fri. June 8 – Sun. June 10 – Nothin’ pairs better at each winery than lucious wine and food straight off the grill! Advance sale $30, designated driver $20. Along Seneca Lake Wine Trail.
- Keuka Arts Festival – Sat. June 9 – Sun. June 10 – Over 100 artisans participate in this fine art and skilled craft show that also features wine, food and entertainment. Penn Yan (Family-friendly)
- Barbecue at the Wineries I and II – Sat. & Sun, June 9 & 10 and June 23 & 24 – Explore how well wine can pair with mouth-watering barbecue and summer side dishes. This year, featuring Dinosaur Barbecue sauces, rubs and marinades. Weekend ticket $25, Weekend designated driver $20; Sunday only ticket $19, Sunday designated drivere $14. Along Keuka Lake Wine Trail. (Best for adults)
- 33rd Annual Jamesville Balloon fest – Fri. June 15 & Sat. June 16. Up, Up and away with a weekend of balloons, night glow, foods, entertainment and crafts. $10 at the gate, 12 & under free. Jamesville. (Family-friendly)
19th Annual Waterfront Festival – Fri. June 15 & Sat. June 16. FREE community festival featuring Cardboard Boat Regatta, live music, vendors, a downtown parade, food and lots of family activities. Watkins Glen. (Family-Friendly)
- Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival – June 22 – June 30. Jazz greats from across the country and top local talents heat up the night at this spectacular musical event. See artist lineup and venue listings for details . This festival offers free and fee events. Although Club passes and many of the featured performances are sold out, Headliner Tickets are available online for $7 or at the gate for $9. Rochester.
- War of 1812 Bicentennial & Jane Austen Weekend at Genesee Country Village & Museum – Sat. June 23 & Sun. June 24 @ 10 AM – 5 PM – A parade, a Regency period fashion show, English Country Dancing, artisans, fife and drum concert and military drills by 1812 War re-enactors will highlight the weekend of festivities. Adults $16.50, Seniors (62+) and students $13.50, Youth (4-16) $10.50, age 3 and under free. Mumford.